The School Act states that the school board shall, in accordance with the regulation, transport a student who:
- Resides within the attendance area of a school in which the student is enrolled;
- Resides with the division boundary; and
- Resides at a distance greater then 2.4 km from that school.
For detailed information on student transportation refer to the Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools
Billy D. Loiselle
Wetaskiwin, Alberta T9A 3S3
Phone: 780-352-6018 (ext: 242)
Toll Free: 1-877-352-8078
Bussing for Students in the City of Wetaskiwin
Transportation will be provided for students within the City of Wetaskiwin on the following basis:
- Eligible students (those who live further than 2.4 kilometers from school), will be served first at no cost; those students who were registered in a Wetaskiwin Regional Public School last year and were eligible for bussing will not need to re-register for transportation service.
- Non-eligible students (those who live closer than 2.4 kilometers from the school) will be served next, on a first come-first served basis, for an annual fee of $200.00 for kindergarten; $400.00 for a student in grade 1-12 or $800.00 for 2 or more students in grades 1-12. Parents must apply annually to obtain this service by using FORM: 16-1 Application for Transportation. This form is also available upon request at all Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools.
Reminder: students will be expected to produce their bus pass upon entering the bus.
We accept cash, debit and credit cards as payment.
The first day of bussing for City of Wetaskiwin Public Schools for the 2018-19 School Year will be Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools will be accepting registrations for bussing in the City of Wetaskiwin started Monday, August 20, 2018 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) in the Administration Office 5515-47A Avenue, Wetaskiwin, Alberta.
Busing for Rural Students
Rural students new to the division should register for bus service by calling the Transportation Department at (780) 352-6018 well in advance of school opening so that efficient routes and pick up times can be arranged. Students who were transported to a division-operated school by bus during the last school year will be included in our plans for the next school year and are not required to re-register.
The primary consideration in the event of inclement weather conditions shall be the health and safety of students and staff. When road or weather conditions jeopardize the safety of students and staff, bus routes may be cancelled. View the Bus Route Status section of this website for more information on school bus route cancellations and delays.
School of Choice
Families have the right to choose a school other than their designated school however transportation may or may not be available to students who are attending a school of choice. Where transportation is available a fee is charged to transport your child to a school of choice. See the School of Choice section of this website for more information.
Policy 16: Student Transportation
132 Inclement Weather
305 School Attendance Areas
341 Transportation Parent's Responsibility
342 Transporting Goods on School Busses
343 Student Transportation Private Property Entry
340 Student Transportation Code of Conduct
357 Surveillance Technology
550 Bus Operator Responsiblities
556 School Bus Accidents
557 Transportation of Students in Private Vehicles
Student Transportation Operating Handbook
16-1 Application for Transportation
16-3 Parent Provided Transportation Claim
16-4 Application for Transportation PUF Students
340-1 School Bus Misconduct Report
341-1 School Bus Waiver
343-1 Save Harmless Agreement
550-1 School Bus Attendance-:Rural-Form
Parent Provided Transportation Contract
Bus Monitor Time Sheet
Drivers Abstract Release Form
Contractor-Bus Route Student and Contact List
Contractor-Bus Route Cover Sheet