The Technology Services department is managed by the IT Manager, Mr. Brian Archinuk. This department is tasked with managing and maintaining the information technology infrastructure for Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools.
View: Strategic Technology Plan 2011-2015
The technology department is responsible for:
- Installation and repair of all computer hardware
- Installation and troubleshooting of all computer software
- Support for the Docushare Record Management System
- Management of district Wide Area Network
- Management of individual school Local Area Networks
- Management and maintenance of district video conferencing systems
- Providing technical expertise to school administrators, division trustees, and Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools technical committees
- Staff training
- Building Help Documentation for staff
- Providing technical support that addresses Alberta Education requirements, both curricular and administrative
- Providing assistive technology to support special needs students.
140-1 Technology Acceptable Use
The Technology Services Department is located at 5704-51 Street in Wetaskiwin, Alberta (Plant Facilities Building)
Phone: (780) 352-8078
Students are well prepared to use technology and digital resources innovatively, effectively and responsibly for lifelong learning.
Digitally confident teachers and leaders use technology to transform student-centered, personalized, authentic learning for all students.
- Ed Tech Team will support teachers using technology, from enhancing to transforming learning using the SAMR model.
- Ed Tech Team will support classroom teachers with integrating coding and computational thinking into their classrooms.