Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools (WRPS) is a great place to work.
We accept applications for posted positions only. Please filter through the categories below to search for teaching, support staff, or administrative positions.
1. Create your profile to apply for a job. A profile has to be created first before you apply for any jobs.
2. Once you have created a profile login and apply for jobs.
3. Applicants may track their application and apply or withdraw from postings through their profile dashboard.
4. Applicants are able to update their information at any time once their profiles have been created.
If you already have an WRPS online application account, click here to login to your profile.
Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools appreciates and considers all applications and resumes; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Support Staff Positions
Location: Wetaskiwin Composite High School
Competition #: 13294
Open To: All
Date Posted: June 3rd, 2021
Closing Date: June 18th, 2021 - 12:00pm
Job Start Date: September 1st, 2021
$17.82 to $23.06
Hours Per Week:
32.5 hours weekly
The Wetaskiwin School Division requires a full time Educational Assistant to work with student(s) at Wetaskiwin Composite High School. The assignment may include supporting students in our system programs, and/or supporting complex needs in an inclusive classroom, and/or working one on one with students academically. The EA may be working with student(s) who have specific learning needs in the areas of self-help skills, emotional/behavioral needs, and/or academic support. The Educational Assistant will need to be flexible as the assignment may change at any time and you may be required to help where needed.
Taking direction from the Teacher(s), the EA will be interacting with students following classroom routines. Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required. The candidate will work cooperatively as part of a team of professionals which includes Teachers and/or other consultants required to support the students.
Preference may be given to a candidate who possesses the following qualifications:
- Educational Assistant Certificate or related post-secondary education
- Training and/or experience working with students one on one, small groups, system programs and an inclusive classroom setting
- Experience and/or training working with students with complex behaviours
- Physically fit and able to keep up with the demands of working with student(s) with complex needs
- SIVA training would be an asset
- Inclusive education philosophy and experience
- Flexibility to be assigned where needed
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with a team of educational professionals
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Commitment to the Health and Safety Program and training as prescribed by the Board
- Experience with Google email, apps and other emerging technologies
Interested applicants should include a covering letter, resume and the names of three references, one of which must be your last Supervisor (please include your written consent to contact references).
We thank all those who apply for their interest but only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Employment is dependent on satisfactory completion of criminal records/vulnerable sector check and a child welfare/intervention check. A current First Aid and CPR certification would be an asset.