Join the WRPS Wellness Support Team over July and August for summer programming. All programs are FREE, and will come with all the supplies you'll need! Here is a glimpse at what is being offered this summer:
- Online Camps: Join us online for the week as you get together to do fun activities and read great stories every day. All supplies are included in the registration and come packed into a kit.
- Online Drop-In: Join us online, but at your own convenience! We are offering drop-in movement activities, as well as drop-in morning stories throughout the summer. Register to receive the link, and then come as often as you'd like from anywhere!
- Art in the Park: Enjoy the sunshine while exploring your creativity outside with acrylic paint, watercolours, and more!. Discover how art can lead to self-expression and relaxation, and also lots of fun! We have sessions for 6+ and sessions specifically for teens. Check out the full poster for location and schedule details!
- Finding Calm in Nature: Enjoying outdoors kids will learn more about breathing and be introduced to yoga poses that will focus on improving coordination, creating strength and increasing flexibility. A calming craft activity will follow yoga.
- Movement for Mental Health: Weather permitting we will be playing a variety of physical activity games outside, including basketball games, frisbee games, and skipping games. This week we will bring awareness to all the positive mental health benefits of physical activity. For example, yoga and physical activity relieve stress, reduces muscle tension, strain and inflammation, sharpens attention, concentration and calms and centers the nervous system.
- Play in the Park: Back for summer 2021, we are partnering again with the City of Wetaskiwin to offer Play in the Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the summer. *New* for this summer, we are expanding to Alder Flats and Winfield during select weeks! Check out the posters for more details!
For full program listings, details and registration, please visit: https://sites.google.
For more Summer Camp opportunities, visit our WRPS Summer Camps webpage.