School Bus Status - App

Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools Bus Status app is now available for free download at the Apple App Store. The Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools Bus Status App displays up to date bus information for the Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools.  The app is connected to the school bus statuses that are featured on the division and school websites.  Each time the bus status is updated on the website the app will push a notification to your iPhone or ipad.  The app is provided as a service to parents/guardians of students who ride Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools buses.  There is a safety element in that parents/ guardians will be notified of a cancellation of busing service, or a delay in service.

The arrival of winter weather inevitably brings cold, snowy mornings that may leave families wondering whether school buses are running late or running at all.  No need to wonder any longer. Why? Because there really is an app for that.

The app, created by Box Clever, ties directly to school bus status updates posted to the Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools website,, and individual school websites. The app offers a simple, easy-to-browse interface, searchable bus listing, simple pull down to refresh route status, option to share bus status information via text messaging, email or Facebook and Twitter, and the choice to identify specific routes as favorites.  Any change to the status of a favorite bus route will result in a push notification on your iPhone.

If you’re not sure of your bus route number, you can see the routes listed by driver name on Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools website at once you download the app, you can “favorite” your child’s route by number and receive push notifications should that route be cancelled or delayed. 

To connect to the app, visit from your iPhone today and you’ll see a prompt to connect you directly to the app, or go to the App Store and search for “Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools Bus Status.” Sorry, Android users, at this time it is only available for iPad and iPhone, however 82% of the users visiting the website are using an Apple operating system with Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phones accounting for the remaining 18%.

 Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools serves 3900 students throughout the City and County of Wetaskiwin.


View News Release: School bus status app now available for free through Apple Store

Back to News